We use fidbak to receive and send files securely and sustainably, with a lot of additional features like
– Centralizing all info, with conversations dedicated to each projects
– Audio player with waveform and comments timeline (max. resolution 96Khz/24Bit)
– Managing our collaborations, decide who transfers, downloads, comments and shares
Suggestions for your upload to ensure a smooth mastering process include:
– export your mix files at the project’s native sample-rate in at least 24bit (32/64 bit float formats preferred) as WAVE or AIF
– ZIP multiple files before upload
– include project information, e.g. proposed release formats, label copy (including ISRC/EAN codes, tracklisting, …), invoicing address, suggestions for sonic direction/ links to sound references
Following your successful upload, you’ll receive an email with a transfer confirmation. Click on “Access project” to start collaborating via your browser (mobile or desktop).
Your files are processed and hosted redundantly on servers by IONOS and OVH, all compliant to European data regulation rules (GDPR).
As with our web-hosting we gladly make an effort to ensure all our data transfers are handled as climate-friendly as possible, stretching beyond the use of 100% green energy and carbon-offsetting.
See here, here and here for further information.
Our archiving scheme includes cloud storage and redundant local backups for all our masters, project files as well as received mixes.